How Is This Medicine Best Taken
Use lidocaine ointment as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take lidocaine ointment by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes .
- If you get lidocaine ointment in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put on clean, dry, healthy skin.
- Do not use coverings unless told to do so by the doctor.
- If putting on with a cotton swab, put on affected part as your doctor or the label tells you.
- Do not eat anything for at least 60 minutes after you use lidocaine ointment.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use lidocaine ointment on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times lidocaine ointment is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
Possible Side Effects Of Lidocaine Hcl Solution
This medication is given to manage and/or prevent side effects of your cancer treatment. If you are having side effects from this medication you should talk to your team about if this medication is necessary to your treatment or if there are other options to help manage the side effect this medication is treating.
Many of the side effects of viscous lidocaine happen when you take too much of this medication. This can happen by taking it more often than prescribed or by taking too much at one time . If you take lidocaine viscous too often, or take too much at one time, call 911 right away. Signs of overdosage can be:
- Central Nervous System Effects: lightheadedness, shallow breathing, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, nervousness, ringing in the ears, blurred or double vision, vomiting, twitching, convulsions/seizures. Drowsiness is often the first sign of overdosage.
- Heart Effects: Slow or irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure , changes in heart rhythm.
What Are Canker Sores
Canker sores are a type of mouth ulcer. They are painful sores that appear on the inside of the mouthnamely, the inner lip, cheeks, gums, tongue, or palate. They can have a white or yellowish appearance with a red outer layer. Unlike cold sores, mouth ulcers are non-contagious and will generally heal without scarring in about a week or two. If you experience severe canker sores that do not get better, you can always consult with a medical doctor or dentist. These are some of the early signs and symptoms of canker sores:
- A tingling or burning sensation inside your mouth
- White or grey sores forming inside the mouth
- Feeling feverish
- Feeling physically unwell or sluggish
- Swollen lymph nodes
Recommended Reading: Are Apples Good For Ulcerative Colitis
Boots Mouth Ulcer Gel
This information is intended for use by health professionals
Sore Mouth Gel or Boots Mouth Ulcer Gel
For the rapid relief of pain caused by minor recurrent aphthous mouth ulcers.
For topical application to the mouth and gums.
Adults and children
A small quantity of gel to be applied to the sore area with a clean finger every three hours as necessary.
Patients hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
If symptoms persist for more than seven days consult your doctor or dentist.
Not suitable for treatment of teething in children.
No clinically significant drug interactions known.
The safety of this product during pregnancy and lactation has not been established but is not considered to constitute a hazard.
No adverse effects known.
Hypersensitivity reactions due to lidocaine have been reported rarely and to cetylpyridinium chloride occasionally.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Overdosage with this product is unlikely to constitute a hazard and therefore symptomatic treatment only is necessary.
What Is The Best Medicine For Swollen Gums
Depending on the cause of your swollen gums, your dentist may prescribe oral rinses that help prevent gingivitis and reduce plaque. They may also recommend that you use a specific brand of toothpaste. In some cases, antibiotics may be necessary. If you have an extreme case of gingivitis, you may need surgery.
You May Like: Natural Cures For Gastritis And Ulcers
Good Mouth Care And Mouth Rinses
Good mouth care is key to help reduce the risk or severity of mouth sores. Using a soft toothbrush or foam swab can help keep the mouth clean and reduce the risk of injuring your gums and lining of the mouth. If you use dental floss, ask your doctor if you should stop or if you can continue to floss.
Certain types of rinses can help to keep your mouth clean and can help soothe discomfort. Ask your doctor which type of rinse may be best for your situation. For example, baking soda, salt water, or saline rinses might be recommended. Mouth rinses with antibiotic agents or steroids might be recommended, depending on how severe the mouth sores are.
Benzydamine may help prevent mouth sores in people getting radiation treatment to the mouth or throat. Morphine rinses may help relieve pain from mouth sores in this same group of people. Dexamethasone has been used in mouth rinses to help with cleansing and discomfort.
Another type of mouth rinse, often referred to as magic mouthwash might be recommended by your doctor. Magic mouthwash is a mixed medication mouthwash that combines a few different medicines. But, there is not one single combination thats used by all doctors, and some experts dont recommend a combination. Some common ingredients of magic mouthwash include diphenhydramine, viscous lidocaine, aluminum hydroxide, nystatin, and corticosteroids.
Compounding: Treating Mouth Ulcers
Shannon W. Fields, BA, CPhTPharmacy Times
Aphthous stomatitis, or mouth ulcer,is a very common, often painful problemmost people experience. Alsoknown as canker sores, mouth ulcersare shallow sores found on the innercheeks, lips, or gums. They often appearwhite, yellow, or red in color and mayoccur in clusters. Approximately 20% ofthe population may experience recurrentmouth ulcers.
Mouth ulcers generally are notcaused by infection and therefore arenot contagious. Most will heal withouttreatment in 1 to 2 weeks. When active,however, sores can be very painful,causing the patient discomfort wheneating, speaking, or swallowing. Somecommercial products are available totreat mouth ulcers, and, due to thechallenges of effectively treating painor trauma in the oral cavity, a compoundingpharmacist may be able toproduce a particularly helpful remedy.
Types and Causes of Mouth Ulcers
There are 3 types of recurrent aphthousstomatitis : minor, major,and herpetiform.
- Minor aphthae account for 75% to85% of all cases. They are smalland round and are found insidethe cheeks or lips, on or under thetongue, or on the gums, often inclusters.
- Major aphthae generally are deeperand larger and make up 10% to15% of RAS cases. They may exceed1 cm and usually occur singly.
- Herpetiform lesions are the leastcommon, may occur in large numbers,and are 1 to 3 mm in diameter
Treating Mouth Ulcers
Read Also: Is Ibs And Ulcerative Colitis The Same
Don’t Miss: Fish Oil And Ulcerative Colitis
What Are Some Of The Common Oral Infections
There are many types of oral infections. However, some of the most common oral infections commonly seen among various populations include:
- Canker sores: It is characterized by small white or grey sores with a red border found inside the mouth or at the base of the gum. These sores are usually noncontagious. The exact cause of canker sores is unknown. However, experts believe that it is an immune system problem and bacteria or viruses may be involved.
- Cold sores: These are fluid-filled blisters that erupt around the lips. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus type I and are contagious.
- Oral candidiasis: It is a localized fungal infection caused by the yeast, Candida albicans. It is of three types:
- Pseudomembranous/Thrush: This type is characterized by white plaques inside the mouth.
- Erythematous: A roughly symmetric red lesion in the tongue along with a burning sensation.
- Perleche or angular cheilitis: It involves inflammation and small cracks in one or both corners of the mouth.
What Over The Counter Medicine Is Best For Stomach Pain
Video answer: How to choose the right over-the-counter pain medication for you
9 other answers
Best OTC Products for Digestive Problems. Prilosec OTC, TUMS, Emetrol and MiraLAX are recommended by many pharmacists for a range of digestive issues. By Ruben Castaneda.
There are two main types of OTC medications used to treat nausea and vomiting: Bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient in OTC medications like Kaopectate® and Pepto-Bismol, protects your stomach lining. Bismuth subsalicylate is also used to treat ulcers, upset stomach and diarrhea.
Considered by most users as the best medicine for bloating, Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief Caplets target not just flatulence, but also all other symptoms of stomach disturbance. This includes cramps, pressure, and diarrhea. Imodium is one of the most popular brands for gastrointestinal relief, which is why it has developed a wide base of consumers.
Best for Stomach Aches: Pepto Bismol LiquiCaps at Amazon Effective in remedying excessive gas experienced in conjunction with an upset stomach. Best Gummy: Alka-Seltzer Heartburn + Gas Relief Chews at Amazon For folks who struggle with swallowing pills, a tasty gummy that helps relieve excessive gas, heartburn, acid indigestion, and more.
Over-the-Counter Medications For gas pain, medicine that has the ingredient simethicone can help get rid of it. For heartburn from gastroesophageal reflux disease , try an
For Nausea and Vomiting
Read Also: Venous Stasis Ulcer Signs And Symptoms
Rite Gel For Mouth Ulcer
Composition: 20% BenzocainePrice: Rs. 55
This gel is a fast relief mouth ulcer gel, gum sores, canker sores, brace pain, fever blister, denture irritation, and minor oral irritation. It provides immediate pain relief. Please wash your hands and directly apply them to the affected area. It is an anesthetic gel that works wonders for mouth ulcer treatment.
When You Must Not Use It
Do not use Mucosoothe if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless your doctor says it is safe. Ask your doctor about the risks and benefits involved. Lignocaine has been widely used during pregnancy and there have been no reports of any ill effects on the baby.
When used correctly, it is unlikely that any Mucosoothe will get into your breast milk if you are breastfeeding.
Do not use Mucosoothe for teething pain.
Do not use Mucosoothe after the use by date printed on the pack. It may have no effect at all, or worse, an entirely unexpected effect if you take it after the expiry date.
Do not use Mucosoothe if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
Do not use it to treat any other complaints unless your doctor or pharmacist tells you to.
Do not give this medicine to anyone else.
Read Also: Gel Cushion For Pressure Ulcers
How Do I Store And/or Throw Out Lidocaine Ointment
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
What Is The Maximum Dose Of Lidocaine
The maximum dose of each lidocaine product will change depending on your age and what youre using lidocaine for.
The best way to find the maximum dose of your own lidocaine medication is to read the patient information leaflet that comes with the product, as this will let you know exactly how much you should take every day.
If youre ever unsure, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking your medication so you can double-check that youre taking the right dose for you.
Read Also: Best Diet For Ulcerative Colitis Flare Up
Best For Mouth Ulcer Treatment: Oraswift Over The Counter Medication For Mouth Ulcer
The Oraswift Over The Counter Medication For Mouth Ulcers feels more premium than its price would suggest. The oraswift overthe counter medication for mouthulcer is worth the price and it is helpful for canker sores. The Manufacturer says: For the best results, we recommend using it twice every. Moreover, it is excellent for fast treatment of canker sores, mouth ulcers, cuts, abrasions, sensitive gums, dry mouth, stomatitis and gingivitis.
Above all, the oraswift over the counter medication for mouth ulcer has a pleasant flavor, speeds up healing and it comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
Most customers agree that the medication is not a physical barrier, but it will strengthen the oral tissue. And, they strongly agree that the medication works well for braces and also is canker sore galore with braces. And, they strongly agree that the medication takes zero pain and adds zero relief. Overall, buyers found this to be one of the best medications for daily purposes.
Top Customer Quotes:
- This is expensive and it allows for great flavor for good.
- The Manufacturer says: Our natural canker sore remedy addresses the issue at the cause.
- This is made with safe ingredients and it works quickly.
- The tablet begins to gel and meld over the sore spot.
Orasore Mouth Ulcer Gel
Composition: Choline Salicylate, Lignocaine, Benzalkonium Chloride with Glycerine and SpearmintManufactured By: Wings Biotech LtdPrice: Rs. 55 for 10 gm
Orasore Gel Uses:
Orasore gel provides quick relief from all the mouth ulcer symptoms, including inflammation, pain, and irritation It also treats the root cause of the canker sore. You can apply it directly to the affected area and leave it for some time. It has a fennel that provides a refreshing taste.
Read Also: What Causes H Pylori Ulcers
If Your Ulcer Was Caused By Helicobacter Pylori
Most stomach ulcers are caused by infection with H. pylori. Therefore, a main part of the treatment is to clear this infection. If this infection is not cleared, the ulcer is likely to return once you stop taking acid-suppressing medication. For more information, see the separate leaflet called Helicobacter Pylori.
You May Like: What Is Refractory Ulcerative Colitis
What Is A Patient Information Leaflet And Why Is It Useful
The Patient Information Leaflet is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine. It is possible that the leaflet in your medicine pack may differ from this version because it may have been updated since your medicine was packaged.
Below is a text only representation of the Patient Information Leaflet.The original leaflet can be viewed using the link above.
The text only version may be available in large print, Braille or audio CD.For further information call emc accessibility on 0800 198 5000.The product code for this leaflet is: PL 00173/0406 .
Iglu Rapid Relief Gel
PACKAGE LEAFLET Information for the user
iglü®rapid relief gel
lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate 0.66% w/w, aminoacridine hydrochloride 0.05% w/w
Please read all of this leaflet carefully before using this product.
Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
Ask your doctor, dentist or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
You must contact a doctor or dentist if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice any side effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Iglü Rapid Relief Gel is and what it is used for2. Before you use Iglü Rapid Relief Gel3. How to use Iglü Rapid Relief Gel4. Possible side effects5. How to store Iglü Rapid Relief Gel6. Further information
- Apply it sparingly.
You May Like: Is Coconut Good For Ulcerative Colitis
Himalaya Hiora Sg Gel
Composition: Jasmine, licorice, spreading hogweed and triphalaManufactured By: Himalaya Drug CompanyPrice: Rs. 55 for 10gm
Himalaya gel has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, and wound healing properties that provide instant relief from canker sores. It also modulates the immune response of the body and prevents symptoms of mouth ulcers. It is proven as one of the best medicine for mouth ulcer.
Who May Not Be Able To Use Lidocaine For Mouth And Throat
Lidocaine treatments are not suitable for some people. To make sure this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you or your child:
- have ever had an allergic reaction to lidocaine or any other medicine
- are very sensitive to any of the ingredients
Some lidocaine treatments for mouth and throat contain very small amounts of alcohol. If this is a problem for you, check with a pharmacist.
Also Check: Ulcerative Colitis Bloating And Constipation
When To See A Dentist
If you have a canker sore that doesnt respond to home remedies or OTC treatment, it may be time to seek additional help and get a prescription.
- A canker sore last for 14 days or longer
- A sore that seems to be getting worse
- A canker sore that grows in size or is unusually large
- Frequent outbreaks of canker sores
- Extreme pain that you cant control at home
- Sores on the lips
Early evaluation can not only help you ease your canker sore discomfort sooner, but it can help catch a budding infection, if present.
You May Like: What Helps Ulcers In Your Stomach
Dose And Method Of Administration
As with any local anaesthetic, reactions and complications are best averted by employing the minimal effective dosage. Debilitated, acutely ill or elderly patients and children should be given doses commensurate with their age, weight and physical condition.Shake the bottle well before use.For symptomatic treatment of irritated or inflamed mucous membranes of the mouth and pharynx, the usual adult dose is 15 mL undiluted. For use in the mouth, the solution should be swished around the mouth for approximately 30 seconds and spat out. For use on the pharynx, the solution should be gargled and may be swallowed. This dose should not be administered at intervals of less than three hours.
You May Like: How Do You Treat Diabetic Ulcers